2022年12月31日 星期六

五分鐘英語練習- 005

《五分鐘英語練習》(005)
"Five minutes English practice" (005)

Listen & Practice - 聆聽和練習

Let’s get started.

..............................................................................................
comprehension

get into

In a minute

phase

went through

Baggy clothes

horrified

once

coordinated

ditched

casual

by the time

be out there

athletic


Hey everybody, welcome to this A2 English listening practice video. 
You can use this video to practice your listening and comprehension as I speak. 
You ready? 
So today I'm going to talk about clothes and fashion. 
This is a topic that I don't really like that much, but it's an important one. 
Everybody wears clothes and everybody has some kind of fashion or lack of fashion. 
I might be one of those people that lacks fashion, but we'll get into that in a minute. 
First, let's talk about when we first develop our own fashion sense and take it seriously. 
For me, this was around the time when I was in middle school. 
Middle School is when I started paying attention to what kind of clothes I was wearing, what brands, what styles, and what colors. 
One of the first phases that I went through was the one where I wore really baggy clothes. 
Baggy clothes are clothes that are too big for you. 
And they come down lower than normal clothes. 
My shirts were too long and my pants weren't pulled up high enough. 
It wasn't a good phase for me. 
I'm sure many of you can remember going through something like this when you were young. 
If we look back at our middle school pictures, some of us would be horrified. 
So once I got into high school, my style changed because I started playing more basketball.
Thus I started buying all kinds of Air Jordans, Nikes, and other brands basketball shoes. 
I used to match the color of my shoes with the color of my shirts. 
I was super color coordinated. 
Then after that, I ditched the basketball phase and I started wearing more casual clothes. 
And then finally, by the time I started college, I'd stopped caring so much about what clothes I wore. 
Nowadays, I'm the least stylish person you'll meet. 
I wear what's comfortable, and I don't have many clothes. 
So now let's talk about some of the popular clothing stores that are out there. 
Back when I was seventeen, I got my first job at a clothing store called Hollister. 
Some of you might know this store. 
Actually, it was really popular back in my high school days, but I don't know how popular it is now. 
Now when I go shopping, I either go to stores like H&M or I go to department stores like JCPenney's. 
Department stores are really big stores that sell all kinds of clothes, jewelry, electronics and other things from many different brands. 
I like these stores because they have a huge selection of clothes. 
Some of the most popular athletic clothing stores in the US include Nike, Footlocker and Dick's Sporting Goods. 
For women, forever 21, Sada, and Abercrombie and Fitch are some of the popular stores. 
Do you have these stores in your country? 
In the US, most popular clothing stores are found in shopping malls.
Here we just call them malls. 
You can find malls everywhere in the US. 
I think most of them are indoor malls, but there are plenty of outdoor malls too. 
I'm not a big fan of malls, but there are definitely times when I need to go there to buy something. 
And during the Christmas season, I have to spend much more time at the mall buying presents for everyone. 
OK, that's all for today. 
Leave a comment and tell me what your favorite clothing store is. 
I'll see you next time.
大家好,歡迎收看這個A2英語聽力練習視頻。
您可以使用此視頻練習我說話時的聽力和理解力。
你準備好了嗎?
(所以)今天我要談談衣服和時尚。
這是一個我不太喜歡的話題,但它很重要。
每個人都穿衣服,每個人都有某種時尚或缺乏時尚。
我可能是那些缺乏時尚的人之一,但我們稍後會談到這一點。
首先,讓我們談談我們第一次培養自己的時尚感並認真對待它的時間。
對我來說,這大約是在我上中學的時候。
初中開始注意自己穿什麼衣服,什麼牌子,什麼款式,什麼顏色。
我經歷的第一個階段是穿著非常寬鬆的衣服。
寬鬆的衣服是對你來說太大的衣服。
而且它們比普通衣服低。
我的襯衫太長,褲子也拉得不夠高。
這對我來說不是一個好階段。
我相信你們中的許多人都記得自己年輕時經歷過這樣的事情。
如果我們回顧我們中學時的照片,我們中的一些人會感到震驚。
所以當我進入高中後,我的風格發生了變化,因為我開始打更多的籃球。
於是我開始買各種Air Jordan、Nikes和其他品牌的籃球鞋。
我過去常常將鞋子的顏色與襯衫的顏色相匹配。
我是超級色彩協調。
在那之後,我擺脫了籃球階段,開始穿較休閒的衣服。
最後,當我開始上大學時,我已經不再那麼在意自己穿什麼衣服了。
如今,我是你遇到的最不時髦的人。
我穿舒服的衣服,而且我的衣服不多。
那麼現在讓我們談談其中的一些。
那裡流行的服裝店。那麼現在讓我們談談那裡的一些受歡迎的服裝店。
在過去,當我十七歲那年,我在一家名為 Hollister 的服裝店找到了第一份工作。
你們當中有些人可能知道這家店。
其實我高中的時候很火,現在不知道火到什麼程度了。
現在我去購物時,要么去 H&M 這樣的商店,要么去 JCPenney 這樣的百貨商店。
百貨公司是個大商店,出售各種不同品牌的服裝、珠寶、電子產品和其他商品。
我喜歡這些商店,因為它們有大量的衣服可供選擇。
美國一些最受歡迎的運動服裝店包括 Nike、Footlocker 和 Dick's Sporting Goods。美國一些最受歡迎的運動服裝店包括Nike、Footlocker和Dick's Sporting Goods。
對於女性來說,forever 21、Sada、Abercrombie 和 Fitch 是一些受歡迎的商店。
你們國家有這些店嗎?
在美國,最受歡迎的服裝店位於購物中心。
在這裡我們只稱它們為購物中心。
在美國到處都可以找到購物中心。
我認為其中大部分是室內購物中心,但也有很多室外購物中心。
我不是購物中心的忠實粉絲,但肯定有很多時候我需要去那裡買東西。
在聖誕節期間,我不得不花更多的時間在商場為每個人買禮物。
好了,今天就到這裡。
發表評論並告訴我您最喜歡的服裝店是什麼。
下次見。

2022年12月29日 星期四

五分鐘英語練習- 004

《五分鐘英語練習》(004)
"Five minutes English practice" (004)

Listen & Practice - 聆聽和練習

Let’s get started.

.............................................................................................
Her selfishness is never satisfied.
她的自私永不滿足。
You guys don't seem very satisfied.

You guys, come on.
實際上,在美國的日常生活裡,常聽見老外用 ' Hi guys.' 或 ' Hi there.' ,來說「嗨!」。其實 you guys 跟 you 「你們」意思是一樣的,但多加一個字 'guys',便使得語氣親切許多;有些人可能會好奇,查字典 guy 指「男人;傢伙」,那當我們要和一群朋友打招呼時,朋友有男有女,是否也可以說 “Hi guys”?答案是「可以的」。

Come on, you guys, tell me all the dirt.

I've been up for hours!
Anyone up for another beer?
有人要再來一杯啤酒嗎?

2022年12月28日 星期三

五分鐘英語練習- 003


《五分鐘英語練習》(003)
"Five minutes English practice" (003)

Listen & Practice - 聆聽和練習

Let’s get started.

What were you doing?


Dialogue 3. What were you doing? 
Hi, Gloria. Good morning. How are you? 
Good morning, Tiffany. I'm fine, thanks. What about you? 
I'm great. Thanks. 
Hey, by the way, what were you doing when I called you last night? 
嘿,對了,昨晚我打電話給你的時候你在做什麼?
你在做什麼?when 我打電話給你的時候,昨晚。




There seemed to be a lot of noises. 
There似乎有很多噪音。
似乎有很多噪音。

The customer seemed unhappy with our service.
那個顧客似乎
不滿意 with 我們的服務。
那個顧客似乎對我們的服務不滿意。

It seems like a good idea.
這似乎 like 好主意。
這似乎是個好主意。

They seemed as if they hadn’t slept all night.
他們看起來 as if 都沒有睡,一整晚
他們看起來好像一整晚都沒有睡。



but you said you were busy, so I didn't have the chance to ask. 

Ohh, I'm sorry again for all the noises my nieces and nephew came over. Yesterday was my sister's five year wedding anniversary, so she and her husband were going out on a date at a nearby French restaurant. My husband and I wanted them to enjoy their romantic dinner, so we agreed to watch the kids for them.

Ah, I see. How many nieces and nephews do you have? I have only one nephew who just turned 5 in twin nieces who are only three. Oh nice. And you have two kids. So yesterday you were watching 5 kids in total. Yeah, basically. Oh my God, I love children. But watching 5 kids at the same time must be so hard. Yeah, you're not wrong at all. Last night all of them were playing games and watching cartoons together. I tried to tell them to keep it down, but it was impossible. It's the same for my kids. The kids are still small, so it's understandable why they're naughty. Yeah, I guess.

2022年12月27日 星期二

五分鐘英語練習- 002

《五分鐘英語練習》(002)

"Five minutes English practice" (002)

Listen & Practice - 聆聽和練習

Let’s get started.

My brother got a new bicycle yesterday.
我哥哥 got 一輛新自行車,昨天。
我哥哥昨天買了一輛新自行車。

My father gave me enough money to buy new clothes.
我父親給了我足夠的錢買新衣服。

There aren't any children in this bus.
沒有 any 孩子 in 這輛公共汽車上。
這輛公共汽車上沒有孩子。

This is a cake that Kathy likes.
這蛋糕,凱西喜歡。
這是凱西喜歡的蛋糕。

Please write down what I'm going to say.
請寫下 what 我要說的話。
請寫下我要說的話。

What time does your husband get up?
幾點 does 你老公起床?
你老公幾點起床?

What are you doing?

Awww(噢~~~)

hah(蛤
Yes…fifty points to go. 「好耶…還差五⼗分。」
Franklin!? What are you doing? 「富蘭克林!? 你在幹嘛?」
Hey, Beaver, guess what? I've almost beaten level four!
「嘿,海狸,你知道嗎?我就快闖過四關了耶!」
Turn it off, Franklin. 「關掉,富蘭克林。」
What?! 「什麼?!」
I said turn it off. 「我說把它關掉。」

What are you doing here?
表達出意外的感受,表示
你(們)在這裡做什麼?
你(們)怎會在這裡?

Hello, everyone. 「⼤家好。」 
Hello, Hen. 「妳好,⼩⺟雞。」 
I'm on my way to your house, Little Bear, for the harvest feast. 
小熊,我正要去你家參加豐收盛宴。
What are you doing here? 
你們在這裡做什麼?
Were fixing Mother Bears gravy boat. 
「我們在修理熊媽媽的船形壺。 」
I broke it. 「被我打破了。」

Candace, baby! Let me introduce you to the directors of this film. 
「凱蒂絲,寶⾙!讓我向妳介紹這部影⽚的導演。」 
Hi, Candace. 
「嗨,凱蒂絲。」 
Phineas and Ferb? What are you doing here? 
「⾶哥和⼩佛?你們在這裡做什麼? 
Were directing the movie. 
「我們正在導演電影。」




2022年12月24日 星期六

五分鐘英語練習- 001

《五分鐘英語練習》(001)

"Five minutes English practice" (001)

Listen & Practice - 聆聽和練習

I play basketball with my friends 
on Saturdays and Sundays.
我打籃球with我的朋友們,on周六和周日。

She married a cute man.
她嫁給了一個可愛的男人(小鮮肉)。

He married a woman 3 years older than him.
他娶了一個女人 3 歲 older than 他。

I didn't know he was married to Lisa.
我不知道他 was 已婚的 to 麗莎。
我不知道他和麗莎結婚了。

My daughter is playing the piano in her room. 
我女兒正在彈鋼琴 in 她的房間。
我女兒正在她的房間裡彈鋼琴。

Would you mind if I use your phone?
你介意 if 我用你的電話嗎?

I was too sleepy to get up in the morning.
我 was too 睏了,to 起床,in 早上。
我太睏了,早上起不來。

The buildings shook because of the earthquake.
建築物搖晃,because of 地震。
建築物因地震而搖晃。

Is this what you wanted for a long time?
這是你想要的嗎?(長久以來)
這是你(長久以來)想要的嗎?

What do you do for work?
你做什麼工作?

This watermelon is not sweet.
這個西瓜不甜。

Where do you want to eat tonight?
哪裡你想去吃飯,今晚?
今晚你想去哪裡吃飯?

【Chat Language 聊天用語】

Guess what? 你猜怎麼著?

“Guess” 是「猜測」的意思,那 ”Guess what?” 是要人猜甚麼嗎?
其實 ”Guess what?” 這句話不是要人猜甚麼,雖然它看起來像是「問句」,但它並非真的在問問題喔。
當你說 ”Guess what?” 的時候,表示你覺得對方可能會對「你將要說的話」感到意外或驚喜,它跟「你知道嗎?」意思差不多。

Guess what? I proposed to Jane last night!
[gɛs wɒt prəˈpəʊzd tuː ʤeɪn lɑːst naɪt!]
你知道嗎?昨晚我向阿珍求婚了!
Really! Did she say yes?
[rɪəlidɪd ʃiː seɪ jɛs?]
真的啊!她答應你了嗎?

Situational Video - 情境影片

Yeah, we're sorry, Joey.
是吧,抱歉了,喬伊。
You said let's just be friends.
你說過的 - 我們就做朋友吧。
So, guess what? We're just friends.
那麼,你知道嗎? 我們就 - 只是朋友。

Well, you must be having a lot of fun on your business trip.
嗯,你出差一定很享受吧。
Well, guess what? The kids and I wanna have some fun too.
好吧,你知道嗎?我和孩子們也要去享受一下。


Good for you! 真好!

"Good for you! " 這句口語,有「褒義」和「敷衍或諷刺」兩層意思:
褒義 - 用於表示對某人成功或好運的讚許。

I wanna hit the gym everyday. 
我打算每天去健身房鍛鍊。
Good for you. 
不錯啊~!

敷衍或諷刺 - 相當於我們常說的「你開心就好」或呵呵,關我屁事

I just got a raise!
我剛剛得到了加薪。
Good for you.
呵呵,關我什麼事。

My boyfriend bought a Gucci bag for me.
我男朋友給我買了個Gucci包。
Good for you.
你開心就好。

Situational Video - 情境影片

Guess what? My boyfriend will take me to Paris this weekend.
你知道嗎? 我男朋友這個週末會帶我去巴黎。
Well, good for you!
哦,那好啊。(敷衍的語氣)







2022年12月22日 星期四

英語聽力練習 - 101

《五分鐘英語練習》(001)
"Five minutes English practice" (001)

Learn English by Watching Movies - 看電影學英語


Retreat to Paradise 天堂之旅

Fiji NADI airport 斐濟納迪機場

Ha, 哈,

Hi, it's me. 嗨,是我。

Hey, Neil Terry good to meet you. 嗨,尼爾·特里,很高興認識你。

Welcome to Fiji. 歡迎來到斐濟。

Thank you. 謝謝

First time here. 第一次來這裡。

yeah. 是的。

Oh, you have to check out the island where you enjoy.
哦,你必須看看你喜歡的島嶼。

Thank you. 謝謝

So how long have you been here. 你來這裡多久了。

Four months. 四個月了。

I've been Jordan's coach for four years so when he decided to come down here and recover I came along.
我已經當了四年喬丹的教練,所以當他決定來到這裡復健時,我就跟來了。

or of moral support at this point, I suppose. 
或在道義支持這一點,我想。
You know, I couldn't have picked a nicer spot.
你知道,我不能挑選一個更好的地方了(這是最好的地方了)。

Can't believe the last physical therapist left... 
不敢相信最後一位物理治療師離開了...

Jordan had a hard time adjusting to his injuries. 
喬丹很難適應他的傷痛。
It's made treating him taxing. 
這讓人...對待他很費力。
I'm here to help. 
哦,我就是來幫忙的。哦,我就是來協助的。
This is your room. 
這是妳的房間。
Wow. 
哇。

This is great.
這太好了。
When you're ready Jordan's expecting.
你準備好見喬丹了嗎?
Sure. 
當然。
Same thing every day. 
每天都是一樣的事情。
It's not rocket science. 
並不太難。
Yes, Mr. Greer
是的,格里爾先生。
Every time I use this shoulder, it throbs in pain. 
每次我用這個肩膀,它都會疼痛地抽動。
At the end of the day, I need my rest. 
在一天結束時,我需要休息。
Yes, Sir. 
是的,先生。
Just make the bed the way I want it. 
只能按照我想要的方式鋪床。
Jordan. 
喬丹。
Are you Neil? 
尼爾嗎?
Yeah.
是。
Who's this? 
這是誰?
This one. 
這位...
Please call me Ellie.
請叫我艾莉。

You're the physical therapist.
你是物理治療師。
yes. 
是的。
Did you lie on your resume? 
你在簡歷上撒謊了嗎?
What? 
什麼?
You don't look old enough to be a decent physical therapist? 
你看起來不夠老,不足以成為一名像樣的物理治療師?
Age doesn't mean that I haven't studied and worked hard to do my job. 
年齡並不意味著我沒有學習和努力工作。
Maybe. 
也許吧。
The others were worthless no matter what their age, so you might have a point. 

If you have any doubts about my abilities, you know we're good.

Is that your family? Yes. Did they visit here? Let's get this out of the way. My life, not your concern. And you're not here to be my friend either. Your whole purpose in being here is to get me moving this arm again without being in agony, all right? Zero confidence in your type. So far it's been nothing but a massive waste of time and money.



2022年12月19日 星期一

英語聽力練習 - 100

《英語聽力練習》(100)
"English Listening Practice" (100)

《English Speaking Courses - 英語口語課程


In the jewelry store. 在珠寶店。

Topic 1:A proposal ring. 主題 1:求婚戒指。

Good morning, Sir. Welcome to the LA jewelry store. 
早上好,先生。 歡迎來到洛杉磯珠寶店。
I'm Kevin, staff manager. What can I help you with? 
我是凱文,員工經理。 有什麼可以幫您?
Hello I want to buy ring. Could you give me some suggestions? 
你好,我想買戒指。 你能給我一些建議嗎?
Yes, Sir, could you please tell me your name? 
是的,先生,您能告訴我您的名字嗎?
My name is Peter. 我的名字是彼得。
OK, Mr Peter. Do you want to buy a ring for yourself or for another person? 好的,彼得先生。您是想為自己還是為他人購買戒指?

Actually, I want to buy a ring to propose to my girlfriend. 
其實,我想買一枚戒指向女朋友求婚。
Oh, I see. 喔,我懂了。
Our store is currently including a variety of proposal rings for you.
我們的商店目前為您提供各種求婚戒指。

What is the material of the ring you want? 
你要的戒指是什麼材質的?
My girlfriend is really keen on platinum. 
我的女朋友非常熱衷於鉑金。
Yes, please follow me to the guest room for platinum jewelry over here. 
是的,請跟我到這邊的鉑金首飾客房。
Sir, you can choose the most suitable one for your girlfriend. 
先生,您可以為您的女朋友選擇最合適的一款。
Here are five of the latest items in our store. 
這是我們商店中的五種最新商品。
Or you can choose the best seller ring here. 
或者您可以在這裡選擇最暢銷的戒指。
Hmm. These are really beautiful. 
嗯。這些真的很漂亮。
Could you take this one for me please? I would like to see it closer. 
你能幫我拿這個嗎? 我想近距離看看。
This one. 這個。
Yes, please. 是的,請。
Here you are. 給你。
This ring was made of pure platinum with a .25 carat diamond on it.
這枚戒指由純鉑金製成,上面鑲嵌著一顆 0.25 克拉的鑽石。
We guarantee that your ring will keep this colour forever.
我們保證您的戒指將永遠保持這種顏色。
By the way, would you like to engrave your name and your girlfriend's name on the inside of the ring? 
對了,要不要在戒指的內側刻上你的名字和你女朋友的名字?
We have a service to do it for free. 它是免費的服務。
Yes, I'd love to. 是的,我很樂意。
OK. I'll take this one. 好的。我要這個。
OK, I'll measure the finger size now. 好的,我現在就測量手指尺寸。
Have you brought this finger size of your girlfriend? 
女朋友手指大小你帶了嗎?
Of course.當然。
Here please. 在這裡,請。
And your girlfriend's name is? 你女朋友的名字是?
She's Lana. 她是拉娜。
OK, we will engrave Peter and Lana, right? 
好的,我們將雕刻 Peter 和 Lana,對嗎?
Perfect. 完美。
All right. Please sit here and wait for a few minutes. 
好的。 請坐在這裡等幾分鐘。
We have tea and coffee. What would you like to drink? 
我們有茶和咖啡。 請問您想喝點什麼?
One coffee please.請給我一杯咖啡。

Here's your invoice. 這是您的發票。
Please check the invoice carefully to ensure that the price 
請仔細核對發票以確保價格...
on the bill is the same one shown on the counter. 
和在櫃檯上顯示的賬單是一樣的。
You can pay in cash or buy card. 你可以付現或刷卡。
Ohh use my card. 哦,刷卡。
OK Sir, 好的,先生,
here is the diamond grading report to make sure that our diamond is authentic 
這是鑽石鑒定證書,以確保我們的鑽石是真實的
and here is your warranty card. 這是您的保證(修)卡。
Your rings are done. Here you are. 你的戒指完成了。給你。
So beautiful. I love it. 太美了。我喜歡。
Thank you for purchasing in our LA store. 感謝您在我們的洛杉磯商店惠顧。
We hope that you will have a lot of beautiful memories with our product. 
希望您對我們的產品有很多美好的回憶。
Have a good day, Sir.祝你有美好的一天,先生。

Topic 2:A gift for your wife. 主題 2:給妻子的禮物。

Honey, Do you like this necklace? 
親愛的。 你喜歡這條項鍊嗎? 
Hmm, looks fantastic, baby. 
嗯,看起來棒極了,寶貝。
Excuse me? 打擾一下?
How much is this one? 這個多少錢?
There's no price tag on this necklace. 這條項鍊沒有標價。
Sorry, Sir. Madam. 對不起,先生。 女士。
This necklace belongs to our latest collection called Celestine. 
這條項鍊屬於我們名為 Celestine 的最新系列。
And we have just displayed it today. 
我們今天剛上架。
It costs $299. 它的價格為 299 美元。
But if you buy at least three items from the collection, 
但如果你從該系列中購買至少三件物品,
you will receive 10% off for all three of them. 
您將獲得所有這三個產品的 10% 折扣。
Oh, it sounds great. 哦,聽起來不錯。
I want to try bracelets and earrings as well.
我也想試試手鐲和耳環。

Are they included in the collection? 
它們(手鐲和耳環)包含在系列中嗎?
Yes, madam, our collection has them all. 
是的,女士,它們都包含在系列中。
Please look at the screen right here. 請看這裡的螢幕。
You can look at this model. She is wearing all of the items in the Celestine collection. 
你可以看看這個模特兒。她穿著Celestine系列中的所有物品。
So beautiful. 太美了。
What do you think, honey? 你覺得怎麼樣,親愛的?
They are really elegant. 它們真的很優雅。
I'd love to see them all on you. 我很想在你身上看到它們。
Excuse me? Could my wife try all the items in this collection? 
打擾一下? 我的妻子可以嘗試這個系列中的所有項目嗎?
Absolutely, Sir. Please wait for a minute. I'll bring it out for you.
當然,先生。 請稍等。 我拿出來給你們。
Here you are. 這些就是了。
Does it look OK on me, honey? 親愛的,我戴上它們好看嗎?
You're gorgeous, baby. 你真漂亮,寶貝。
Hmm. 嗯。
I decided to buy them all because it's your birthday. 
我決定把它們都買下來,因為今天是你的生日。
Choose a size for my wife, please.
請為我妻子選一個尺碼。

Thank you, Sir. 謝謝你,先生。
Because it's your wife's birthday. 因為今天是你妻子的生日。
And you're the 1st to buy the whole collection in my store. 
你是第一個在我店裡買下整個系列的人。
We'll give you 20% off as a gift. 
我們將為您提供20%的折扣作為禮物。
Ah, nice. Thank you for that. 很好。 謝謝你。
Honey, I am so touched right now. Oh, I love you. 
親愛的,我現在很感動。 哦,我愛你。
I love you too, baby. Always.我也愛你,寶貝。永遠。

2022年12月18日 星期日

英語聽力練習 - 99

《英語聽力練習》(99)
"English Listening Practice" (99)

《English Speaking Courses - 英語口語課程


What's your address?你的地址在哪?

Linda, have you heard about Michael's new house? 
琳達,你聽說過麥可的新房子嗎?
It is a whole mansion! 它是一整座豪宅呀!
Wow. Really. Where did you get that information? 
哇!真的? 你從哪裡得到這些信息的?
Leo told me about it. 
Apparently they live right next door to each other now. 里歐告訴我這件事。 據說他們現在就住在隔壁。
That's nice. 真不錯!
Talking about Leo, he is throwing a party at his place this weekend. .
說到里歐,他這個週末要在他家舉辦派對。
Are you coming?你要來參加派對嗎?

Yeah, he invited me yesterday. 是的,他昨天邀請了我。
Can you give me his address again? 妳能再給我他的地址嗎?
I totally forgot to write it down. 我完全忘了寫下來。
Let me see. Hmm. 讓我看看。 唔。
It's 45 XYZ Street right next to a gas station, I think. 
我想是 XYZ 街 45 號,就在加油站旁邊。
OK. 好的。
While we're at it, maybe we can pay Michael's house a visit as well. 
我們去舞會的同時,也許我們也可以去麥可的房子看看。
Good idea. Let's ask him.
好主意。 讓我問問他。
Hey Michael, can we hang out at your place after Leo's party this weekend? 
嘿,麥可,這個週末里歐的派對結束後我們可以去你家玩嗎?
Sure, but my family and I just moved in and we have not finished unpacking yet. 
當然可以,但是我和我的家人剛搬進來,我們還沒有完成拆包。
If you guys are fine with the house being a bit messy, then it's fine. 
如果你們不介意房子有點亂,那就沒關係了。
No worries, we just want to check out your place a bit. 
不用擔心,我們只是想看看你的地方。
OK, I'll tell my parents you guys are coming. 
好的,我會告訴我父母你們要來。
Oh, should we bring something over as a House warming gift?
哦,我們應該帶些東西作為喬遷禮物嗎?
You can if you want, but it really isn't necessary. 
如果你想,也可以,但實際上沒有必要。
Your presence is enough. 你的蒞臨就足夠了。
That's so nice of you. 你真好。
I'll still bake something for us to enjoy together though. 
不過,我還是會烤些東西讓我們一起享用。
That's also great. I'm excited.那也很棒。 我很興奮。

Mom, can I go over to Michelle's place and hang out with her there today? 
媽媽,我今天可以去蜜雪兒那裡陪她玩嗎?
Sure, honey. Have her parents agreed to that yet? 
當然,親愛的。 她父母同意了嗎?
She said so, mum. 她是這麼說的,媽媽。
All right. Do you need me to drop you off or are you going on your own? 
好的。 你需要我送你還是你自己去?
It would be great if you could give me a ride, mom. 
媽媽,如果你能載我一程就好了。
I'm not too familiar with her neighbourhood. 
我對她的鄰居不太熟悉。
That's no problem, honey. What is her address? 
沒問題,親愛的。 她的地址在哪裡?
Oh, it's 29 Def Street. 哦,是 Def 街 29 號。
I think you would know it. It's on your way to work. 
我想你知道那地方的。 它在你上班的路上。
Ah, yes, I have to go past that street every morning.
啊,是的,我每天早上都要經過那條街。
Should I get ready to go now? 
我現在應該準備出發了嗎?
Maybe in 15 minutes I need to finish doing these dishes. Then we can go. 也許 15 分鐘內我需要洗完這些碗。 那我們可以走了。

Oh, can you grab the car key in the living room for me? 
哦,你能幫我把客廳的車鑰匙拿過來嗎?
Um, where exactly in the living room, mom. 
嗯,到底在客廳的什麼地方,媽媽。
Look on top of the coffee table. I saw it there last time. 
查看咖啡桌的頂部。 我上次在那裡看到過。
Got it, mom. I'll wait for you in the car. 
明白了,媽媽。 我在車上等你。
OK.

911 What's your emergency? 911,你有什麼緊急情況?

Hi, I am calling to report a potential burglary at my neighbor's house. 
嗨,我打電話報告我鄰居家可能發生的入室盜竊案。
They told me they were out of town for the week. 
他們告訴我他們這週不在城裡。
But I heard something like Windows breaking and saw movement in the house.但我聽到類似窗戶破裂的聲音,並看到房子裡有動靜。

All right, keep calm and please tell us the address of your neighbor's house. 
好吧,保持冷靜,請告訴我們你鄰居家的地址。
It's 64 XYZ St.它是 64號 XYZ 街。

Can someone come over here right now? 
現在有人可以過來嗎?
I'm not sure if the burglar is still there. 
我不確定小偷是否還在那裡。
We are sending a team right over. 我們馬上派一個團隊過來。

In the meantime, can you give us some additional information? 
與此同時,你能給我們一些額外的情報嗎?
Yeah, sure. 當然可以。
Did you see anyone suspicious around the house earlier? 
你之前有沒有看到房子周圍有可疑的人?
Hmm. Actually, yes, yes I did. 唔。 實際上,是的,是的,我有。

I saw a male in dark clothes with a black cap covering his face, about 5 foot 10, a bit slender.
我看見一個身穿深色衣服的男性,臉上戴著一頂黑色的鴨舌帽,身高約五呎十,略顯修長。
I didn't think much about him though, because it was quite cold outside. 
不過我並沒有多記得他,因為外面很冷。
I see. What about his vehicle? 我懂了。 那他的車呢?

Did you see a new car or motorbike on your street? 
你在街上看到新(陌生)車或摩托車了嗎?
I don't think so. Everything seemed normal except for what I already reported. 我不這麼認為。 除了我已經報告的以外,一切似乎都很正常。 

OK. Well, our team should be there any moment now. 
好的。 好,我們的團隊現在應該隨時會到場。
Please stay on the line and update us with any new information as soon as you have it. 
請保持在線狀態,並在獲得任何新信息後立即向我們更新。
Alright. I got it. 好的。 我知道了。

2022年12月17日 星期六

英語聽力練習 - 98

《英語聽力練習》(98)
"English Listening Practice" (98)

《English Speaking Courses - 英語口語課程

Traffic violations. 交通違規

Pay attention to the traffic signs. 注意交通標誌

I'll try another road to go to the company. 
我會嘗試另一條路去公司。
Ohh, the traffic light is red. Um. I want to turn right. I think it will be fine. 哦,紅燈。 嗯。 我想右轉。 我想會沒事的。

The black car with the license plate: 1B 2345. Please pull over.
黑色車牌號:1B 2345,請靠邊停車。
Good morning, Sir. 早安,先生。

Good morning. May I see your driver's license and registration ID card and proof of insurance? 
早安。 我可以看一下您的駕照和登記身份證以及保險證明嗎?
Sure Sir. But may I ask, did I violate any traffic laws? 
當然,先生。 但是請問,我有違反交通法規嗎?
You don't know. 你不知道?

Yes, I swear I don't know.是的,我發誓我不知道。

OK, let me tell you. 好吧,讓我告訴你
at that intersection there are traffic signs that prohibit turning right and you turned right. 
在那個十字路口有禁止右轉的交通標誌,而你右轉了。
So sorry I didn't recognize it. This is the first time I go in this way. 
很抱歉我沒有認出它。 這是我第一次走這條路。
You blew the red light and here's your ticket. 
你闖了紅燈,這是你的罰單。
Yes Sir, I got my ticket. 是的,先生,我收罰單
You can appeal to the court within 14 days if something goes wrong. 
如果有問題,您可以在 14 天內向法院提出上訴。
And here this is the image taken from the camera when you blew the red light. 這是你闖紅燈時從相機拍攝的圖像。

No doubt. Thank you very much Sir. I will pay more attention. 
毫無疑義。 先生非常感謝您。 我會多加註意。
It's been a long time since I met someone who got a ticket but thanked me. Like you. 
好久沒遇到拿到罰單卻還感謝我的人了。 喜歡你。
Remember to drive carefully and pay attention to the traffic signs.
切記小心駕駛並註意交通標誌。
Yes, Sir. Have a nice day. I.
是的,先生。 祝你今天過得愉快。

I have a letter from the police station in my mailbox. 
我的郵箱裡有一封來自警察局的信。
I have a meeting at 10:00 AM. Too early. I will eat something. 
我在上午 10:00 開會。太早了。 我會吃點東西。
Where are you now, Bill? 你現在在哪裡,比爾?

It's already 9:30. I want to discuss it with you before we start the meeting. 
已經是9:30了。在我們開始會議之前,我想和你討論一下。
My wall clock is broken. I will come to the company right away.
我的掛鐘壞了。 我馬上來公司。
OMG I have a letter from the police station in my box. 
我的天啊,我的信箱裡有一封警察局的信。
Let's see what's in there. An administrative record, a ticket, pictures of my motorbike, my number plates, the route was violated, the time of the violation.
讓我看看裡面有什麼。 一份行政記錄,一張罰單,我的汽車照片,我的車牌,違章路線,違章時間。

Oh, I see the address to pay this fine. 
哦,我看到交罰款的地址了。
How can I help you? 我該怎樣幫助你?
I'm here to pay the fine for speeding a few days ago.
我是來交前幾天的超速罰款。 
May I see your ID card? 我可以看看你的身份證嗎?
Here you are. 給你。
You have the minimum penalty for speeding, which is a €100 fine and three penalty points added to your license. 
您對超速有最低處罰,即 100 歐元罰款和駕照扣分 3 分。
OK, so sad to hear, but may I ask this question? 
好吧,聽到很傷心,但是我可以問個問題嗎?
Yes. 好的。

if I'm busy and don't come to pay the fine directly in here, can I pay online? 
如果我很忙,不能直接來這裡交罰款,我可以線上支付嗎?
Of course, there are instructions for paying the fine online, write in the letter we sent you.
當然,網上有支付罰款的說明,寫在我們發給你的信裡。
That's so good. 那真是太好了。

And we also sent you an online e-mail of your violation.
我們還向您發送了一封線上電子郵件,說明您的違規行為。

Let me check my e-mail. 讓我檢查一下我的電子郵件。
Oh, I see. 我懂了。
You shouldn't drive too fast. It's not safe for you any more. And every one. 
你不應該開得太快。這對你和每一個人來說不再安全了。
I know, I didn't think I drove so fast either. Thanks for your information today.
我知道,我也不想開得這麼快。 感謝您今天提供的信息。

2022年12月16日 星期五

英語聽力練習 - 97

《英語聽力練習》(97)
"English Listening Practice" (97)

《English Speaking Courses - 英語口語課程

Marriage. 婚姻

Happy marriage. 幸福的婚姻

Hi, Kelly, how are you? And it's been a few months since the last time we met. 
嗨,凱莉,你好嗎?距離我們上次見面已經有好幾個月了。
I'm fine. Thanks, caddy. How are you and your family? 
我很好。 謝謝,凱蒂,你和你的家人好嗎?
Never better. Thank you for asking. 
再好不過了。謝謝你的關心。
I really admire you and Eric. You are such a perfect couple though. How long have you been married now? 
我真的很佩服你和埃里克。 你們真是一對完美的夫妻。 你結婚多久了?
Almost 10 years. 快10年了。
That's a long time. No regrets? 那是一段很長的時間。不後悔嗎?
No. There are ups and downs, of course, but I wouldn't change it for anything. 不後悔,當然有起有落,但我不會為了任何事情而改變它。

I'm so glad to hear that. What is the key to a happy marriage, in your opinion? 
我很高興聽到這個消息。 在您看來,幸福婚姻的關鍵是什麼?
Yeah, it works well. Of course, part of being a good couple is knowing when to give each other some space.
是的,(關鍵是)能正常運作。當然,成為一對好夫妻的一部分是知道什麼時候給對方一些空間。
That's true.這倒是真的。

I see a lot of people who move in together and they give up all the things which make them individuals. 
我看到很多人住在一起,他們放棄了個體。
We spend a lot of time together, but we have our own friends, our own hobbies and so on. 
我們在一起的時間很多,但我們有自己的朋友、自己的愛好等等。
Sure, you mean you don't want to be too dependent on each other?
當然,你的意思是不想太依賴對方?
Absolutely. Although you need to strike a balance, you need to make time for each other too. 
絕對地。 雖然你們需要取得平衡,但你們也需要為彼此騰出時間。
Of course, I imagine that it can be easy to let things slip when you have been together so long. 
當然,我想當你們在一起這麼久的時候,很容易任其自然。
Yeah, it's dangerous actually. You can't take things for granted, otherwise your relationship will suffer.
是的,這實際上很危險。你不能把事情視為理所當然,否則你們的關係會受到影響。
One more thing is we have a cute daughter. I think having a child really strengthens the connection between two people. 
還有一件事是我們有一個可愛的女兒。我認為生孩子真的加強了兩個人之間的聯繫。
Of course. But you know, sometimes conflict happens the most when you're parenting. 
答案是肯定的。但你知道,有時衝突發生在你養育孩子的時候。
當然。 但你知道,有時候當你為人父母時,衝突發生的次數最多。
That's right. Therefore, I think the most important thing to maintain a happy marriage is sharing respect and understanding.
沒錯。因此,我認為維持幸福婚姻最重要的是相互尊重和理解。

Thanks a lot for your sharing, caddy. I definitely learned something today. 
非常感謝您的分享,凱蒂,我今天確實學到了一些東西。

Traffic violations. 交通違規

When you go somewhere, you're always in traffic before going to your destination. This video is situations where the characters violate traffic laws. What will happen to them? Let's see together. 
當你去某個地方時,在到達目的地之前你總是在交通中。 本段影片是角色違反交通法規的情況。 他們會怎樣? 一起來看看吧。

Remember to wear your seat belt.記得繫好安全帶

I am in maternity hospital. Listen, I see your husband and a pregnant woman. 
我在婦產醫院。 聽著,我看到你的丈夫和一個孕婦。
They entered the hospital and also looked very intimate. 
他們進了醫院,看起來也很親密。
I will send you the address. Come here quickly. 
我會把地址發給你。 快點過來。
What? My husband said he went to Michael's house.
什麼? 我丈夫說他去了邁克家。

The black car with the license plate 1B2345, please pull over. 
車牌號為1B2345的黑車,請靠邊停車。
Hi may I see your driver's license and registration ID card and proof of insurance? 
您好,我可以看看您的駕照和登記身份證以及保險證明嗎?
Yes, Sir, here you are. 是的,先生,你要驗的證件在這兒。

This isn't your car, is it? 這不是你的車,對吧?

es, it's my husband's car, John Robertson. 是我丈夫的車,約翰·羅伯遜。

Please check for me the information of Mr. John Robertson and his wife. 
請幫我查一下約翰·羅伯遜夫婦的資料。
Why do you look so sad? Because you violate a traffic law, right? 
你為什麼看起來這麼難過? 因為你違反了交通法規,對吧?
Sorry Sir, but what do I violate? 
對不起,先生,但我違反了什麼?
You don't wear the seat belt. 你沒有繫安全帶。

Oh, that's a shame, because I'm in a hurry. 
哦,真遺憾,因為我很著急。
It is Mr John's car and his wife is Laurel West Robertson.
這是約翰先生的車,他的妻子是勞雷爾·韋斯特·羅伯遜。
Thank you. 謝謝。
So here's your ticket. You and your husband can appeal to the court within 14 days if something goes wrong.
這是你的罰單。 如果有問題,您和您的丈夫可以在 14 天內向法院提出上訴。

Yes, Sir. 是, 先生。
Whether you are in a hurry or have something sad, remember to wear your seat belt. Your safety comes first. 
不管你是趕時間還是有什麼傷心事,記得好安全帶。 安全第一。
Thank you so much, you are good police. 
非常感謝你,你是好警察。
Who is she? 她是誰?
Why are you here, honey? 
妳怎麼會在這裡,親愛的?
So you are his wife. On the way to catch the bus, my stomach hurt a lot. 這麼看來妳是他的妻子囉。 在趕公車的路上,我的肚子疼得很厲害。
I asked people around for help, but only Mr. John drove me to the hospital. 
我向周圍的人求助,但只有約翰先生開車送我到醫院。
Oh, it's good to hear that. No, I mean, how do you feel now? 
哦,很高興聽到這個消息。 不,我是說,你現在感覺如何?
I feel fine now. Thank you so much. Good bye. God bless you all.
我現在感覺很好。 太感謝了。 再見。 上帝保佑你們。
Ohh I have an e-mail. My wife drove my car and got a ticket for not wearing a seat belt. 
哦,我有一個電子郵件。 我的妻子開我的車,因為沒有安全帶而被開罰單。
Oh, really? Which wife?哦,真的嗎? 哪個老婆?


2022年12月14日 星期三

英語聽力練習 - 96

《英語聽力練習》(96)
"English Listening Practice" (96)

《English Speaking Courses - 英語口語課程

Marriage. 婚姻

Watch the following video to see how the characters talk about married life and their views on marriage. 
觀看以下影片,了解劇中人物如何談論婚姻生活以及他們對婚姻的看法。
Marriage conflicts.情境之一:婚姻衝突

Why are you looking so tired these days, Jack? 
為什麼這些天你看起來這麼累,傑克?
Yeah, my wife and I are having a difficult time these days. 
是的,我和我的妻子這些天相處的很艱難。
We are fighting all the time. She seems to change so much after having a baby. 
我們無時無刻不在戰鬥。 生完孩子後,她好像變了很多。
Really? What's wrong? 真的嗎? 怎麼了?
Ah, it's all these little things that keep adding up, so I'm very tired.
啊,就是這些小事不斷地累積起來,所以我很累。
For example, I came home from work being so tired and the house was a mess sometimes I threw my clothes away on the floor thinking it's messy anyway. 
例如,我下班回家太累了,家裡很亂,有時我把衣服扔在地板上,覺得反正很亂。
I would clean up everything later, but she was extremely angry with me about that. 我稍後會清理所有東西,但她對此非常生我的氣。
OK. Is there anything else? 好。 還有別的事嗎?
Another? OK, milk bottle story. For example, there was some milk leftover. She asked me to empty the bottle and wash it. 
其他? 好的,牛奶瓶的故事。 例如,剩下一些牛奶。 她讓我把瓶子倒空洗乾淨。
But I was so busy that day that I forgot when she found out, she grumbled all night. 
可是那天我太忙了我都忘記了,當她發現時,她抱怨了一晚上。
You were tired all day at work. Then come home and have to listen to your wife. Be cranky. Are you happy?
你整天工作很累。 然後回家就得聽老婆的。 胡思亂想。 你快樂嗎?
OK, got it. I think you should have more sympathy with your wife. She just gave birth. 
好的,我知道了。 我認為你應該對你的妻子多一些同情。 她剛生完孩子。
Many women also experienced postpartum depression, so it's normal to get angry easily. 很多女性也有過產後抑鬱症,所以容易生氣是正常的。
Besides, you're the one who made mistakes anyway, your reason for everything is that you come home from work being tired?
再說了,反正你是那個犯錯的人,你一切的理由是你下班回家累了?

But it may be even more tying for her to take care of the baby alone all day. At least you shouldn't add more work for her right? 
但整天一個人帶娃,對她來說可能更累(束縛)。 至少你不應該為她增加更多的工作,對吧?
back to the milk bottle. You don't know how carefully mothers take care of their babies. 
回到牛奶瓶。你不知道母親是如何小心翼翼地照顧自己的孩子。
Just thinking about the bacteria multiplying in the baby's bottle is driving them crazy. 
一想到嬰兒奶瓶中的細菌繁殖,他們就會發瘋。
Besides, maybe she needed a bottle for her baby right away, but she didn't have one. 
此外,也許她需要馬上給孩子一個奶瓶,但她沒有。
Washing and cleaning the bottle also takes time, baby. Can't wait, you know.
清洗和清潔奶瓶也需要時間,貝比是等不及的,你知道的。 
Yeah, it seems like I was too careless actually. I'm not mad at her at all. 
是的,看來其實是我太粗心了。我一點也不生她的氣。 
I'm just a little tired of hearing complaints all day long. 
我只是有點厭倦了整天聽到抱怨。
Then you should think about how tired she is from the lack of sleep to take care of the baby. 
然後你應該想想她因為照顧寶寶而睡眠不足有多累。
I think if you apologize to her and explain that you are also a first-time father.
我想如果你向她道歉並解釋你也是新手父親。 
You may make many mistakes but will try to help her more. I think she will be happy again.
你可能會犯很多錯誤,但會盡力幫助她更多。我想她會再次快樂的。

Say again? I understand. Thank you. I will try to talk to her and help her more. 
再說一遍? 我明白。 謝謝你。 我將嘗試與她交談並為她提供更多幫助。

Will you do me the honour of being your husband? 
你願意讓我有幸成為你的丈夫嗎?
Lily time flies so fast, it's already our two year anniversary. 
莉莉,時間過得真快,我們已經兩週年了。
Right. So quick. I'm glad I had you by my side all this time. 
是啊。 這麼快。 很慶幸這段時間有你在身邊。
So am I. Today I order this crab soup. I know you like it a lot. Try it.
我也是。今天我點了這個蟹湯。 我知道你很喜歡它。 試試看。
So delicious. I love it. Thank you. I still remember on our first date you took me here and let me try it. 
真美味。 我喜歡它。 謝謝你。 我還記得我們第一次約會時你帶我來這裡讓我試一試。
John. I saw something on the plate. Let me finish the soup. 
約翰, 我在盤子上看到了一些東西。 讓我把湯喝完。
Oh my God, John.哦,天哪,約翰。
Lily, these two years with you have been the happiest time of my life. 
莉莉,和你在一起的這兩年是我一生中最快樂的時光。
We have gone through many ups and downs together many challenges, and grown up together every single day. 
我們一起經歷了很多風風雨雨,一起挑戰,一起成長的每一天。
I now know that you and I are truly meant to be together. You are the one I've been waiting for my whole life. 
我現在知道你和我真的注定要在一起。 你是我等了一輩子的人。
I believe it is the time we should move. One step forward. 
我認為現在是我們應該採取行動的時候了。向前邁出一步。
Lily, Let's get married. Let's spend the rest of our lives together. 
莉莉,我們結婚吧。 讓我們一起度過餘生。
Will you do me the honour of being your husband? 
你願意讓我有幸成為你的丈夫嗎?
Yes, John, of course, yes. 
是的,約翰,當然,是的。
She said yes!
她答應了耶!
Oh my God, John, I was so surprised. What if I didn't finish the soup? 
哦,天哪,約翰,我太驚訝了。 如果我沒喝完湯怎麼辦?
I knew you would finish it very quickly. I know you too well, Lily.