2022年10月3日 星期一

英語聽力練習 - 29

《英語聽力練習》(29)
"English Listening Practice" (29)
...................................................................................................................................................

Next, let’s look at how you can introduce one movie which you’ve seen, and tell someone else about it.

接下來,讓我們看看如何介紹一部你看過的電影,並告訴別人。

I saw a great movie last night!

我昨晚看了一部很棒的電影!

I can’t believe I didn’t see it when it was on in the cinema.

我不敢相信當它在電影院上映時我沒有看到它。

Oh, really? What was it?

真的?那是哪部電影

Blue Jasmine. Do you know it?

藍色茉莉。 你知道嗎?

電影 - 藍色茉莉 - 簡介

藍色茉莉》(英語:Blue Jasmine)是一部2013年伍迪·艾倫編劇並執導的美國劇情片凱特·布蘭琪莎莉·霍金斯亞歷·鮑德溫主演。2013年7月26日在紐約市洛杉磯上映,英國於9月27日上映。女主角布蘭琪獲得超過30座影評人協會獎及第71屆金球獎、第20屆美國演員工會獎第67屆英國電影學院獎第86屆奧斯卡金像獎最佳女主角
劇情可分為兩部分,一部分是茉莉(凱特·布蘭琪 飾)與丈夫哈羅德(亞歷克·鮑德溫 飾)在紐約過的富貴生活;另一部分為茉莉與妹妹金吉(莎莉·霍金斯 飾)在舊金山過的另一種人生,片中將這兩種人生穿插在一起,向觀眾展示了茉莉的「由富轉貧」人生軌跡與巨大落差。

Hmm … Sounds familiar.

嗯 … 聽起來很熟悉。

Is that the Steven Spielberg movie?

是史蒂芬史匹柏的電影嗎?

No, it was directed by Woody Allen.

不,它是由伍迪艾倫執導的。

No, I don’t know it.

不,我不知道。

What kind of movie is it?

它是什麼類型的電影?

I guess I’d call it a drama, but it’s a bit of a black comedy, too.

我想我會稱之為戲劇,但它也有點像黑色喜劇。

Who’s in it?

誰參與演出?

Cate Blanchett plays the main character.

凱特布蘭琪擔綱主角。

I’m guessing that if it’s a Woody Allen movie, it’s probably set in New York?

我想如果是伍迪艾倫的電影,它可能是在紐約拍攝的?

No, although the main character is a New Yorker.

不,雖然主角是紐約人。

Is it based on a book or anything?

它是根據一本書還是什麼?

I might be mistaken, but I think I read a book with a title like that.

我可能弄錯了,但我想我讀過一本有這樣標題的書。

No, I don’t think so.

不,我不這麼認為。

If you want to know more about a movie which someone saw, what questions could you ask?

如果您想了解更多關於某人看過的電影的信息,您可以問什麼問題?

You might ask things like:

你可能會問這樣的問題:

‘Who was the director?’

“導演是誰?”

‘Who’s in it?’

'誰演的?'

‘Where’s it set?’

“它在哪裡拍的?”

Or: ‘Is it based on a book?’

或者:“它是基於一本書嗎?”

Do you know what the question ‘Who’s in it?’ means?

你知道 "Who’s in it?" 這個問題是什麼意思嗎?

This is asking about the actors.

這是在問演員。

It’s a short way to ask ‘Which actors are in the movie?’

這是詢問“電影中有哪些演員?”的簡短問法。

Think about a movie which you know.

想想你知道的電影。

It could be something you saw recently, or maybe a movie which you particularly like.

它可能是您最近看的,或者可能是您特別喜歡的電影。

How would you answer these questions?

你會如何回答這些問題呢?

You could say: ‘It was directed by Stanley Kubrick.’

你可以說:“它是由史丹利庫柏力克執導的。”

In conversational English, you can also use the name as an adjective, like this: ‘It’s

a Stanley Kubrick movie.’

在會話英語中,您還可以將名稱用作形容詞,例如:“這是一部史丹利庫柏力克的電影。”

To talk about actors, you might say ‘It stars Samuel L. Jackson and Kurt Russell.’

談論演員,您可能會說“它由山繆傑克森寇特羅素主演。”

This sounds quite formal, so if you want to sound more informal, you can say ‘Samuel L. Jackson and Kurt Russell are in it.’

這聽起來很正式,所以如果你想听起來更非正式,你可以說“山繆傑克森寇特羅素在裡面”。

To say where and when the story takes place, you could say ‘It’s set in Paris in the

1920s.’

要說出故事發生的地點和時間,您可以說“它的背景設定在 1920 年代的巴黎。”

Or: ‘It’s set in the near future, in an imaginary country which is ruled by corporations.’

或者:“它發生在不久的將來,在一個由公司統治的虛構國家。”

Finally, if a movie is an adaptation of something else, like a book or maybe a video game, you can use the verb ‘based on’.

最後,如果一部電影是根據其他東西改編的,比如一本書或者一個電子遊戲,你可以使用動詞“基於”。

For example: ‘It’s based on the book by Stephen King.’

例如:“它是根據史蒂芬金的書改編的。”

OK, now it’s your turn to talk!

好,現在輪到你說話了!

Think about a movie you know.

想想你知道的電影。

Use the language from this section to make two to three sentences to introduce the movie and give some basic information about it.

使用本節中的語言製作兩到三句話來介紹電影並提供有關它的一些基本信息。