2022年12月12日 星期一

英語聽力練習 - 92

《英語聽力練習》(92)
"English Listening Practice" (92)

《English Speaking Courses - 英語口語課程


Talking about rumors. 談論謠言。

Mary, how do you do? 瑪麗,妳好嗎?

Hey, Linda. 嗨,琳達。

You look... amazing. 妳看起來。。。令人驚豔。

I'm doing well. Thank you. 我很好。謝謝。

How about you? 妳呢?

I'm just doing so, so. But my bakery business is flourishing.

我過的一般般。但我的麵包店生意蒸蒸日上。

Ah. Oh, that's such a piece of great news. Congratulations.

啊。哦,這真是個好消息。祝賀妳。

Speaking of Congrats. 說到恭喜...

I heard that you and your husband are expecting a baby.

我聽說你和你丈夫想要小孩了。

When is the baby due, mommy? 媽媽,寶寶什麼時候出生?

Pardon me, a baby, 對不起,一個嬰兒...

Where did you get that news?你從哪裡得到這個消息的?

Oh, remember Jake from our middle school? 哦,還記得我們中學的傑克嗎?

Uh huh. What's with him? 呵呵。他怎麼了?

My family met Jake's family at the camping site last weekend.

上週末,我的家人在露營地遇到了傑克的家人。

We had such a blast catching up. 我們玩得很盡興。

Did he gossip with you about the baby thing?

他跟你閒聊過關於嬰兒的事嗎?

Jake said he was told by Riley,傑克說萊利告訴他,

and Riley heard the baby story from Max.

而萊利從麥克斯那裡聽到了嬰兒的故事。

Max said he was having an eating-out with you two a few months ago. 麥克斯說幾個月前他和你們兩個一起出去吃飯。

And he also added that it was a baby boy.

他還補充說,這是一個男嬰。

Oh my goodness, Max!! 哦,我的天哪,麥克斯!!

We were talking to Max about purchasing a new car.

我們正在和馬克斯談論購買一輛新車。

You know how much my husband is fascinated by cars.

你知道我丈夫對汽車有多著迷。

He is always calling cars babies or kids. 他總是稱汽車為嬰兒或孩子。

Ohh, now I understand why Max misunderstood.

哦,現在我明白為什麼馬克斯誤解了。

My husband and I are still loving the child free marriage life.

我丈夫和我仍然熱愛沒有孩子的婚姻生活。

We haven't thought about having a baby yet.

我們還沒有想過要孩子。

I totally get it. 我完全明白了。

By the way, do you want to swing by my bakery?

順便問一下,你想去我的麵包店嗎?

Our best sellers are extra rich and creamy cheesecake.

我們最暢銷的是超濃郁的奶油起司蛋糕。 Thanks, but I'm good. 謝謝,但不用了,我夠了。

I think I need to be on a diet from today.

我想我需要從今天開始節食。

My belly is getting a bit too big, so maybe that was why...

我的肚子有點太大了,所以也許這就是為什麼......

You know, rumors are all he said, she said.

你知道,謠言都是他說...她說...

Sometimes rumors will likely come to reality.

有時謠言很可能會成為真實。

But most of the time, they are often misleading.

但大多數時候,它們往往具有誤導性。

Those pieces of news easily spread from one to another.

這些消息很容易從一個傳播到另一個。

But you shouldn't fully believe in rumors. 但你不應該完全相信謠言。

Oh, I got to go see a movie with my friends now.

哦,我現在得和朋友一起去看電影了。

There was a rumor that a celebrity would be there today.

有傳言說今天會有名人在那裡。

See you later.回頭見。