2024年9月17日 星期二

Random word -5

 In a world where the mind dances between chaos and clarity, we find ourselves caught in the web of distraction. It pulls us in, a whirlwind of noise and color, diverting our focus, yet igniting curiosity.

在這個心靈在混亂與清晰之間舞動的世界裡,我們發現自己陷入了分心的網中。它將我們捲入噪聲和色彩的旋風中,轉移我們的注意力,卻又燃起我們的好奇心。

chaos /ˈkeɪ.ɑːs/ n. 混亂

to cause chaos 引起混
in a state of chaos 處於雜亂狀態

clarity  /ˈkler.ə.t̬i/ n. 清楚
字根 clar = clear,bright ,表 "清楚" "明白"
字尾 ity ,表狀態名詞

chaos and clarity 混亂與清晰
between chaos and clarity 在混亂與清晰之間
the mind dances between chaos and clarity
心靈在混亂與清晰之間舞動

 In a world where the mind dances between chaos and clarity.
在這個心靈在混亂與清晰之間舞動的世界裡

bribery  /ˈbraɪ.bɚ.i/  n. 賄賂
字根 bribe = 乞討禮物
字尾 ery 表行為名詞

片語 ... caught in the web of .../kɑt ɪn ðə wɛb/
困於...網中

KP was caught in a web of bribery.
柯P陷入賄賂網。

I've been hiding out through the days.
So I don't get caught in the web of lies.
我一直躲在外面過日子。
這樣我才不會陷入謊言的網中。

We find ourselves caught in the web of distraction.
我們發現自己陷入了分心的困網之中。


idiom (成語):so much for something
到此為止,…只好作罷

The car won't start. So much for our trip to the beach.汽車又出毛病了,我們去海邊的旅程只好作罷。
shatter  [ˈʃætər] v. 使破碎


So much for your promises.
你的承諾就到此為止吧。
They died the day you let me go.
都已經在妳離開我之後消逝。
Caught up in a web of lies.
陷入謊言之困網。
But it was just too late to know.
但現在知道已經太晚了。
I thought it was you who would stand by my side.
我還以為你會站在我這邊。
And now you've given me, given me nothing but shattered dreams, shattered dreams.
現在你給了我,給我的只有破碎的夢,破碎的夢。
Feel like I could run away, run away from this empty heart.
感覺我可以逃離,逃離這顆空虛的心。