2022年12月12日 星期一

英語聽力練習 - 93

 

《英語聽力練習》(93)
"English Listening Practice" (93)

《English Speaking Courses - 英語口語課程


How are you? 你好嗎?

Good morning, Peter! 早安,彼得!

Hello Ricky, how are you? 嗨!瑞奇,你好嗎?

I'm feeling great. Thank you. What about you? 我感覺很好。謝謝。你呢?

I'm doing OK too. Last weekend I had to take work home.

我也很好。上週末,我不得不把工作帶回家。

Last week's workload was crazy. 上周的工作量非常大。

Ohh really? I heard that your department is working on a new project though.

喔,是嗎,我聽說你們部門正在做一個新專案。

Yeah, that one. 是的,那個新專案...

We had to prepare a presentation to introduce our new product.

我們必須準備一個演示文稿來介紹我們的新產品。

Our kitchen multi-purpose cooker to the company's investors and we had to finish it within last week. 我們的廚房多功能炊具,介紹給公司的投資者,我們必須在上周內完成。

At least everything's done now. 至少現在一切都完成了。

Glad to hear that. Well, do you want to go drinking today after work? It's on me.

很高興聽你這樣說。 那麼,你今天下班後想去喝酒嗎? 我請客。

It's been a while since we went drinking, right?

我們已經有一段時間沒有喝酒了,對吧?

Ohh yeah I would love to let out some steam at the usual place right?

哦,是的,我很想發洩一下,在(老地方),對吧?

Yeah. 是的

Sure. OK. I got to go now. See you this afternoon.

當然。 好的。 我現在得走了。 下午見。

See you. 再見。

Hello, Mr Park. 你好,帕克先生。

Ohh hello Sam. 哦,你好,山姆。

What are you doing? Been a while since I last saw you at home.

你在做什麼? 自從我上次在家裡見到你,已經有一段時間了。

I am just taking care of the roses in my garden.

我只是在照顧花園裡的玫瑰。

I just came back from my one week business trip.

我剛結束一周的商務旅行回來。

That's why you did not see me home.

這就是為什麼你沒有看到我在家。

How are you recently? 妳最近好嗎?

I'm fine.Thank you for asking.我很好。謝謝您的關心。

How's your son doing? He just started college, right?

你兒子怎麼樣了? 他剛上大學,對吧?

Yes, and I miss him. Already children are growing so fast.

是的,我想念他。孩子們已經成長得如此之快。

What about Lily, your daughter? How is she doing at school?

莉莉,你的女兒呢?她在學校過得怎麼樣?

Ohh, she is preparing her applications for universities.

哦,她正在準備大學申請。

She wants to go somewhere out of town, just like your son.

她想去城外的某個地方,就像你的兒子一樣。

The kids now just want to be away from their parents, huh?

現在的孩子們只想遠離他們的父母,是吧?

Yeah, I guess it's good for them to grow up too.

是啊,我想這對他們長大也有好處。

Well, I have to go now. See you around. 我現在該走了。 再見。

Goodbye. If you have time, let's have a BBQ party this weekend.

再見。 如果你有時間,我們週末來個燒烤派對吧。

Sure, I will tell my husband about that. 當然,我會告訴我丈夫的。

Hello, Jane.你好,簡。

Long time no see. How are you? I miss you so much.

好久不見。你好嗎?我非常想你。

Hi Lisa, I miss you too. It's so lucky that we can meet each other today.

嗨,麗莎,我也想你。 今天我們能相遇真是太幸運了。

Everything's been great recently. I just got a new job.

最近一切都很好。 我剛找到一份新工作。

Really. Congratulations. Where is it? 真的。 恭喜。 它在哪裡?

It is a tech startup in Silicon Valley. I will start it next week.

它是矽谷的一家科技新創公司。 我將在下週開始。

I'm super excited about this new job. 我對這份新工作非常興奮。

I've always wanted to work in Silicon Valley. 我一直想在矽谷工作。

Yeah, you've told me that I am glad that you can do your dream job.

是的,你告訴過我,我很高興你能做你夢寐以求的工作。

How are you? 你好嗎?

Not so great, actually. I'm under so much stress now.

實際上不是那麼好。我現在承受著很大的壓力。

I am writing my graduating thesis for my master's degree.

我正在寫我的碩士學位畢業論文。

Oh no, studying Masters must be very hard. Which step are you on now? 
哦!呀,讀碩士一定很辛苦。 你現在走到哪一步了?
Oh, it's almost done. I'm working on the literature review. 
哦,快完成了。我正在從事文獻綜述。
Writing a thesis consumes much more time than I imagined. 
寫論文花費的時間比我想像的要多得多。
I had almost no time left for myself.
我幾乎沒有時間留給自己。
Oh, I know. I think you can try meditation to reduce your stress.
哦,我知道了。我認為你可以嘗試冥想來減輕你的壓力。 
It only takes about 5 to 10 minutes every day. 
每天只需要大約5到10分鐘。
Oh, I know about that. Have you tried meditating before? 
哦,我知道那件事。 你以前試過冥想嗎?
No, but a friend of mine is doing it. She told me that her life is improving a lot thanks to it. 
沒有,但是我的一個朋友正在做。 她告訴我,她的生活因此有了很大改善。
Interesting. I think I will read more about it. Thank you for the advice. 
真有趣。 我想我會閱讀更多有關它的信息。 謝謝你的建議。
It's nothing. Please pay more attention to your health. 
沒什麼。請多注意自己的健康。
I will. Thank you for worrying about me. 
我會的。謝謝你為我擔心。